Essentials of NHS Research
Date: November 16, 2020 (Duration: 2 Days)
Location: Virtual Classroom
NOW FULLY BOOKED
If you would like to join the waiting list for this course please contact the R&D Forum by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should attend?
This course is designed for any role at all levels when new to a health care R&D department. The course might also be of interest to colleagues in industry, academia and the third sector that would like to better understand managing NHS Research or just for those who need to keep updated.
What is new?
This course was previously known as ‘Research the Basics’ but evaluation feedback consistently told us that it wasn’t really basic. Updated material includes a whole new look package of essentials for anyone looking for a complete overview of NHS R&D management.
Understanding the landscape, policy, regulation, patient & public involvement, roles of R&D, capacity & capability, costing, AcoRD, contracts, safety, data, oversight, impact and strategy.
Understanding the landscape, NHS context, research policy & procedures
- The research landscape in the UK and NHS context
- Systems, structures and regulation
- R&D Roles and responsibilities
- Sponsoring & hosting research
- Capacity and capability
- Finance, costing and AcoRD
- Contracts, the NHS Research Passport & IP
Adding value to research
- Developing, designing & setting up research
- Quality, safety & data integrity
- Responsibilities and oversight
- Dissemination & impact-getting it out there to make a difference
- Leading strategy and embedding a research culture
We are pleased to be able to offer the following discounts on group booking from individuals employed by any NHS Trust, CCG, GP Practice or charity, where the booking is paid directly by that organisation.
10% for two or more
20% for 4 or more
Single contract bookings for large groups can also be organised on request.
Price: £390 plus vat